[pct-l] Kerosene and white gas availability along the trail/ how big do the feet get

Stefan Rinnert stefanrinnert at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 4 15:01:00 CST 2012

Dear all,

for our thruhike-attempt next spring we are planning to use the msr
whisperlite universal stove. Since one may use white gas and kerosene as
fuel, I was wondering about their respective availability along the trail.

I know that most of you use alcohol stoves and I therefore don't want to
start a discussion about which combination is best. Nevertheless every
comment about my/our combo is welcome ;)

Furthermore, I want to thank all of you  for your recent tipps and tricks!

Beyond and with regard to my choice of shoes i still find myself confronted
with the phenomenon of growing feet during the thruhike. Any comments on
that? Is it save to buy all my shoes(trailrunners) at once?

Thanks in advance!!

All the best

Stefan