[pct-l] (no subject)

israh Goodall israhgoodall at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 13:04:36 CDT 2012

Hello

Hope you are well..

I am excited to say that the planning is in full swing now and we plan to
come this april (2013) to walk northbound along the PCT!
We are two girlies from the UK-right now its a cold and wintery eve here
and the thought of trekking in the desert seems such a far away thing- but
we are so happy !

The only problem I am having is that everyone's comments and ideas and
books and blogs are all so confusing because they can sometimes be
conflicting

I really need to clarify some issues- and hope over time this will come.
I hope you dont mind me asking a few things to you to help with planning.

1)Its hard to know this side what is the best cooking type to get-
according to what gas/petrol or other fuel is available- could you please
recommend a good stove/fuel type.

2)Also do you know about how we can get back into the usa after walking
over the border into Canada- in order to catch the flight home- is there a
special permit which allows for this? has anyone had experience of doing
this?

3)Has anyone got a good website for someone who has done it in 6 months- to
help with prepping camp/fuel stock points?

4)Is it really necessary to still send food parcels and would you have the
up-to date places that definitely need these- as there are so many
different ideas about this on the net and in books i have read- with some
people saying you don't need to send food parcels ahead and others saying
you definitely do.

5)We will be hoping to arrive in april and walk some of the section before
the meet up in the south- it looks like you have to register for this- I am
going to be away in Ethiopia working and will not be able to do this -
unless I can register now- but i cant seem to find the link- could you help
in this?

Thank you all so so so much

Love from the UK

Israh

I have the Cicerone book - which is great- and it says that you dont need
to have maps if you have the book. However- i am a firm lover of a map and
compass and I would be nervous not to have this (as i am not taking a gps)
could you recommend maps that would allow for use of a compass...

I cant thank you enough
really really thank you

israhxxxxx :)