[pct-l] Worst parts of the trail and ways to get though

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 1 12:19:05 CDT 2012

Worst part of the trail?

The final day when you reach that monument.

THe journey is over.

You look back to Mexico from Monument 78 and you are happy. Four plus months of sweating, being tired,
and enjoying moments of exquisite happiness have come to this moment.

You've reached the border and the end of the journey.

Then you walk towards Manning Park.

It's a bit surreal.

Your entire life for four months has come to an end.

And it was not just four months of everyday life.

It was four months of trail life.  And trail life is different from our every day lives.

Time dilates our there.  Four months of trail life is so full that it seems longer.

You reach Manning Park.   It is bittersweet.

The ride back to Vancouver makes you think of the four months you had.

How to get back. How to continue to live a life of simplicity and contentment.

How to get through this last stretch of trail?

Plan another long walk.

When you can again hoist a back and put one foot in front of another.

To again walk. To see. To see what you see.

Paul "Mags" Magnanti
http://www.pmags.com
http://www.twitter.com/pmagsco
http://www.facebook.com/pmags