[pct-l] Boots or shoes

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Thu May 17 16:37:22 CDT 2012

For those just taking up hiking, or thinking of doing a long hike, I
highly recommend one of the editions of Ray Jardine's,  "The Pacifc
Crest Trail Hiker's Handbook" on hiking the PCT.  While there is
polarized opinion about his perspective, there is a LOT of wisdom in his
engineer's logic.  One of his most detailed explanations/rants concerns
the weight of the shoes a hiker wears.  It's fun to read too...

Jeffrey Olson
Martin, SD