[pct-l] Brooks Cascadias

Sir Mixalot atetuna at gmail.com
Thu May 17 16:31:50 CDT 2012

Shoes are appropriate on the PCT throughout the thru hiking season.

Chuck said it pretty well.  I'll just add that I have many high end hiking
boots.  I won't wear them on the PCT though.  My feet are much more
comfortable in trail running sneakers.  I go a lot faster and further with
them too.  The last time I wore boots in the mountains was a couple winters
ago when I took the tram up Mt San Jacinto with my family.  Since I
wouldn't be walking enough to keep my feet warm or get them sweaty, boots
were the appropriate footwear.

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 4:57 PM, Catherine Ford <ceford.nhighlands at gmail.com