[pct-l] Oregon snow level

robwid at comcast.net robwid at comcast.net
Thu May 10 21:27:24 CDT 2012

My wife and I tried to hike the Oregon section last summer. We started on the Cal/Ore border July 17th but turned around a week later at Devils Peak just north of hwy 140. We were beaten by snow that went from challenging to exhausting to scary. I know it might be a bit early but does anyone want to speculate about this summer. Current snowpack seems much more 'average' especially with the warm weather. We'd like to try it again and need to start around 7/22.

Thanks for your advice.