[pct-l] Red's Meadow - Tentative Mid June Opening

Ryan Weidert ryan.weidert at gmail.com
Wed May 9 14:39:25 CDT 2012

Hey All,
     I just spoke with a person with the Red's Meadow Resort and Pack
Station and they said their tentative date with the Forest Service for
opening the store etc is June 16th. I then called the Mammoth Lakes Welcome
Center and they told me they hope to have the road and two campgrounds open
by that date. Im unsure of the details concerning the bus into Mammoth, but
can only assume that if the road isn't open to passenger vehicles and day
use, the bus will not be running. If they manage to open on schedule, it
looks like a majority of Thru's will be unaffected. If you are early, it
may pose a problem. One could probably sweet-talk a ride from a contractor
clearing trees or forest service person into Mammoth, but getting back to
the trail may require road walking and some 'illegal' entry back into the
area if the road is still closed/ under construction.

Red's Meadow Pack Station: (800) 292-7758
Mammoth Lakes Welcome Center: (760) 924-5500

Tuna Helper