[pct-l] Snow "impasses"?

jmhow01 at yahoo.com jmhow01 at yahoo.com
Fri May 4 17:28:47 CDT 2012

Eric,

I agree 100% with what you wrote, and I didn't mean to direct this thread into a deconstruction of
the word impasse.  But I must add, I agree with everyone's opinions on this word. No debate here.

I've realized, since my initial post, why I asked these questions. I recently bought and read Yogi's
handbook on how to hike the PCT, which was incredibly helpful. But I noticed after closing the
book that it's not a book on "how to hike the PCT" but a book about "how to hike the PCT from
April thru September". I think this is actually noted at the beginning of the book.  Regardless, I'm
seriously considering a thru hike earlier in the hiker season, so understandably, many of my
questions and concerns were left unanswered by the book. So when I asked those questions, I
was really trying to get some answers akin to "Yogis off-season handbook", if there existed one.
I'm very interested in solutions to the logistical and hazardous issues associated with a off
season thru hike, especially if any contributors have experienced an off season or snowy season hike.

Thanks again,
Jeff

Sent from my iPad