[pct-l] Transport to Yosemite Valley and from Mt Whitney to SF

Josh Reiman joshreiman at gmail.com
Thu May 3 07:12:49 CDT 2012

Hello everyone,

My girlfriend and I are moving out to SF in June, but first we plan on
hiking the PCT for the first 15-16 days of June before heading to SF to
start our life there.

We would love any advice on the most affordable ways to get from SF/Modesto
area to the John Muir trailhead at Yosemite Valley around May 30/31 and
then back from Whitney to SF around June 15/16. I imagine Craigslist
rideshare is one possibility. The local shuttles are ridiculously expensive
and we'd rather save our money for the rent we'll be paying SF :)

Thanks so much for your thoughts.

Josh