[pct-l] Oregon Section Hikers

MLMcNairn at aol.com MLMcNairn at aol.com
Thu Mar 22 00:44:07 CDT 2012

I respectfully disagree. I think the PCT between the state border and  Hwy
I-5 is stunning if you hike it during the flowering season. The views are
better than anywhere else in Southern Oregon until you hit the very short
high  section of Sky Lakes Wilderness Area. I certainly would not want to have
missed  it!

In a message dated 3/21/2012 6:52:16 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
erccmacfitheal at yahoo.com writes:

> The  trail between the state border and Ashland is nothing
>  particularly
> special and it's totally fine to miss it unless getting  the
> *whole* state is
> important to you.  You could easily  start at I-5
> northbound and not miss
> anything  interesting.

There are some interesting plants growing on the  serpentinites and
peridotites south of Mt. Ashland that you won't see north of  there.

-Nate the Trail  Zombie

Pct-L mailing  list
Pct-L at backcountry.net
To unsubcribe, or change options  visit: