[pct-l] Sierras in early to mid-October

Pierre pep at pacifier.com
Sun Mar 18 18:25:07 CDT 2012

I would love some local knowledge and wisdom of a proposed section hike by Photo and I from Castella to (south) Kennedy Meadows. Due to jobs, we aren't able to start until the 2nd week of September. That puts us in the Sierras early to mid-October. We're doing it in this direction to optimize our conditioning and building up to the Sierra elevations.
We will likely run into closed resorts for resupplies. Will snow make this a non-starter?  Comments/Input? Would this be feasible North-bound starting at Kennedy Meadows Sept 9th? (We both did about 1000 miles of PCT in 2011,  20-25 miles/day).

Thanks

Jackrabbit