[pct-l] Hitchhiking in general

giniajim jplynch at crosslink.net
Fri Mar 16 11:46:34 CDT 2012

At least in our area, the officers have told me that for parking along side
the road, you have to off the pavement.  That means not just the tires, but
no part of the car can be over the pavement.  Even though the highway
department owns a "right of way" that goes some distance past the pavement.
My guess would be that the police are concerned with the roadway (aka: the
pavement) and not so much as the right of way.    Note that this doesn't
apply to the interstates which have their own rules as has been noted).