[pct-l] horse etiquette

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 12 20:32:52 CDT 2012

Len,

The odds of a horse falling off the trail with you downhill from it are infinitely, infinitely, small. You have a thousand times greater risk driving your vehicle on roads, as I presume you must do most every day when you are not hiking. The PCT is a much safer place. Even with horses. If safety is your greatest concern, then why not stay home, have your groceries delivered, earn your living by doing some kind of computer-related work, and spend your days just sipping tea, watching TV, and hope that an asteroid does not land on your roof. Seriously, there are certain rules of etiquette and safety that must be followed when you are on the trail. There are good reasons established for those rules. Be glad that there are horses and mules to help create and maintain the PCT.

Have a good hike,
 MendoRider-Hiker