[pct-l] Snow in Southern Oregon

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Fri Mar 2 13:52:48 CST 2012

Mountain Education just finished teaching an Intermediate Snow Skills Course
on South Sister in central Oregon. The elevations were between, roughly,
6,000 feet and 7,000 feet. We had only a few feet of snow at the eastside
trailhead, about 5 feet of snow at 6,600, and more at 7,000 (unable to
measure).

During our course, it snowed violently for three days, dropping up to 5 feet
of fresh, dry powder. We don't know the percentages of "normal" they now
have, but more is to come...

"Just remember, Be Careful out there!"

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education