[pct-l] Another Question: Shoes

Tim Gustafson tjg at tgustafson.com
Thu Mar 1 11:10:29 CST 2012

I'm thinking about getting some trail running sneakers, rather than
big heavy boots, for my section hike from the Mexican border to
Idylwild or Palm Springs this year.  It seems that it's likely to be
fairly dry in that section, and the trail is not very technical (we're
not doing any cliff-facing here or anything), so I'm wondering if my
feet might be happier in softer, lighter sneakers than bigger, heavier
boots?

(Part of the problem is that I have absurdly large feet - size 15 -
and boots in my size tend to be very heavy and very
industrial/work-style, so my options for "hiking" boots is somewhat
limited.)

--

Tim Gustafson
tjg at tgustafson.com