[pct-l] PCT Southwest Washington

Ernie Castillo erniec01 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 29 14:29:31 CDT 2012

I second that emotion. On my 1980 thru-hike, the stretch from Timberline Lodge to the bridge was one of the hike's highlights. I won't spoil the surprise, but there are 2 awesome falls along that section. (Ironically, the bridge also marked a significant detour start due to the damage inflicted by the eruption of Mt. St. Helens earlier that year.)

A good source of information is found here: http://www.portofcascadelocks.org/bridge.htm

The web page also makes references to the PCT.

Ernie Castillo
PCT Class of 1980

. . .
Kim, I would suggest doing the 50 mile section from Cascade locks/Eagle creek up to Timberline Lodge. It is far more scenic than the 50 miles just North of Cascade Locks. . . .