[pct-l] Kinesio-Tex Tape

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 27 13:16:09 CDT 2012

Mango wrote:

Kinda like duct tape did on the AT.

Yeah, I use it like duct tape except it's way better.  It's stretchy so it conforms to curved surfaces and it's very breathable.  I put it on my known trouble spots before I start hiking and it does a great job of preventing blisters.  You could also use it to shield an existing blister but it's kind of already too late by that point.

The adhesive isn't as strong as duct tape but it's just right for me.  I've had bad experiences in the past with too-strong adhesive actually ripping skin off my feet when I tried to remove the tape.  Kinesio-Tex doesn't do that but still stays in place for multiple days (for me, anyway).

Eric