[pct-l] Tenacious or just stupid...you decide.

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 23 17:58:34 CDT 2012

By "Lone Pine", are you thinking of Horseshoe Meadows or of Whitney Portal?  Either would have plenty of water. The climb up from Whitney Portal would the more difficult, by far, of the two. Go for Horseshoe Meadows. I would hitch up there starting from the junction of the road to Horseshoe where it leaves the road that goes to the Portal. I would hike to that Junction from Lone Pine. As I recall, it is only about a mile. Then, all the vehicles turning on to that road will be going to Horseshoe. I doubt that you would have to wait long for a ride from that junction. Hive a great hike.
MendoRider-Hiker