[pct-l] Cost of a SAR airlift

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Thu Jun 21 21:12:46 CDT 2012

Puddlejumper, thanks for the link. I just went to the site and here are 3
of their exclusions:
-  Circumstances which could have reasonably been anticipated at the date
the trip began
     e.g. forecast of adverse weather conditions
-  Emergency caused by inadequate provision or training or competence
needed to complete the planned trip
-  Cost incurred due to a pre existing or chronic condition or mental
disorder of the member including self-harm
    or suicide attempt.
-  Emergency caused by any natural climate disaster

Seems to me these exclusions are broad enough to exclude many hiker
rescues. So read the terms and make your own decision.

Tortoise

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable
President John F Kennedy,  1962

All content is copyrighted. Reproduction or use elsewhere is is expressly prohibited without the express permission of the author. Use within the PCT-list is permitted.