[pct-l] Shin splints?

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu Jun 21 20:02:03 CDT 2012

I met some hikers at the Sauffley's this year who were using special
stretchy tape they got at REI to help with shin splints. They taped
their shins lengthwise, pulling the tape tight --90% stretched--and
going from the top of the foot up the shin most of the way. The idea
being to create force that holds the foot at a 90 degree angle when
at rest. They reinforced the tape with cross-wise strips on the foot
and shin. The guy who was showing everyone how to do this swore by
it. The tape was pink and stretchy. I don't know anything else, like
if it works, if it's preventative or what. Looked interesting.