[pct-l] Bear cannisters?

Jim Banks jbanks4 at socal.rr.com
Sun Jun 17 15:11:17 CDT 2012

Yes, in 2010 just South of Crabtree Meadows I was asked for my hiking permit
and asked to show that I had a bear can in my pack.  The bear can
requirement is a good thing.  It has undoubtedly saved the lives of many
bears since its inception.  All hikers should follow this rule to the letter
and be happy to do so.  I would hope and assume that your inquiry was merely
curiosity about the enforcement and not a feeler to see if you can get away
with ignoring the rule.

I-Beam