[pct-l] Animals aren't dumb...

Brian Montgomery bmontgomery746 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 11:22:37 CDT 2012

"Animals aren't dumb and I'm convinced that they get pissed off at
us, but also have a sense of humor."

I heartily agree...  One of the funniest instances I have ever seen was
while on a school field trip with my students many years ago.  While
stopping for lunch at a popular cinder cone south of Bend, OR, one of my
students decided the break off a chunk of his chocolate chip cookie and
offer it to our little chipmunk friend while placing the remaining portion
in his lap while sitting on the ground. While reaching to extend his
offering, the student was flabbergasted to find the the little
guy promptly by passed the minuscule proffered portion, ran up into the
students lap and ran off with the major portion of the cookie leaving our
hapless student holding the crumbs. One got the sense, from the practiced
motions of the rodent, that this was NOT the first time he had pulled this
trick.  I laughed so hard I had to sit down...