[pct-l] Starting to plan trip: Tips appreciated

Scott Bryce sbryce at scottbryce.com
Thu Jun 14 09:03:54 CDT 2012

On 6/7/2012 2:39 PM, Deborah Leader wrote:
> Hey There Fellow Trekies, I am just starting to plan my trip for next
> year. Have a lot of work and planning to do. I have heard that most
> hikers start the hike-thru in May. Is this what is suggested? Can I
> start earlier?

Most start in late April. Early May works. Much later than that, and you
can expect a lot of heat and dry water sources. Much earlier, and there
will still be a lot of snow in the San Jacintos. A lot depends on the
snowfall and how fast it is melting. Those things are hard to predict
this far in advance.