[pct-l] The "Lost" effect on our community

Ed Jarrett edjarrett at msn.com
Tue Jun 12 13:52:23 CDT 2012

I just finished reading this book last night.  I enjoyed the story, but suspect it will not likely launch many more would be thru hikers on the PCT.  While it was a good story, and a big growing experience for her and seemed to help her get over her upbringing, the trip itself was not easy by any stretch of the imagination.  If that was all I had to go on, it is not likely that I would consider any extended time on the trail.  Because I have spent a lot of time in the back country I did find that I could better appreciate many of her 'mistakes' and travails, having experienced and worked through many of them myself.

Ed Jarretthttp://aclayjar.blogspot.com/