[pct-l] Help make ~9,000 mile trek possible

Benjamin Mayberry benmayberry at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 13:25:25 CDT 2012

Hi all,

I hiked the PCT in 2010 and most of the CDT in 2011. I've planned another
long-distance trip for 2013 and it's currently a finalist in a competition
for a $10,000 grant from Outside magazine. If I win, it'll help fund this
'little' adventure I have planned that'll consist of exploring roughly
9,000 miles of the Western U.S. by means of foot-travel and packraft. The
trip will include following the CDT through the Weminuche and along the
ID/MT divide, as well as long sections of the PCT through each of its three
states.

If you want to help make this possible, here's what you can do:
1. Go to http://facebook.com/outsidemagazine and click on the "Outside
Adventure Grant" button in the little application bar thing. This'll take
you to info on the five finalists and their trips; mine is "Trekking the
West". You can vote once per day between now and June 17th.
2. I found the voting application a little difficult to find on their page,
so I've posted a screenshot with instructions on my FB page at
http://facebook.com/benjamin.o.mayberry. I'll also be posting more info and
reasons to vote for me on the trip to my FB page over the next two weeks.
3. Share this with anyone you know who would want to help make this happen.
The winner of this grant is going to be determined by votes and not
necessarily merit, so every vote counts.

Of the five finalists, I'm the only one planning to get out and hike; other
teams will rely on boats, bikes, and a motorized rickshaw. So if you want
to help a fellow hiker seize the day, here's your chance.

Thankful for any support you can offer,
Ben Mayberry