[pct-l] food storage strategy

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Mon Jul 30 19:23:01 CDT 2012

Rodents are a problem on the Appalachian Trail, not really on the
PCT. I don't know what image you have of this so-called desert, but
you will find that you are among trees most of the time and at worst
among scrub some of the time. That said, I never hung my food. Always
slept with it. The exception being when I had a bear canister.