[pct-l] food storage strategy

Ed Jarrett edjarrett at msn.com
Mon Jul 30 11:41:53 CDT 2012

If a bear can is not required I typically use an Ursack with an OPSac.  If there is a bear wire I hang the bag, otherwise I tie it to a tree away from my hammock.  Most of my hiking is in the Olympics, with a large black bear population.  So far I have had no issues with them and my food.  Only deer, who I caught pulling food out of a bear can that was only about 25 feet away, and chipmunks have bothered my food in nearly 30 years.

Ed Jarretthttp://aclayjar.blogspot.com/