[pct-l] (no subject)

Carol Feinberg carol.feinberg at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 21:59:02 CDT 2012

Hello Judson,
Walk in permits are available at the Happy Isles Ranger station in Yosemite. You can also start from Tuolumne Meadows.  You need to arrive very early and sit on the bench by the door even though they will not take your request until mid morning--10am or 11am. Just stay put and wait patiently. If you are with a friend he can go for coffee and pastries for both of you.  If you are the first ones there (depending on the size of your group, we usually have two) you will obtain a permit. You can call the wilderness permit office at Happy Isles and double check the time they'll take walk ins. In my experience, they are always eager to help.

Regards,
Carol Feinberg