[pct-l] Fish Lake help

Palomino palomino.pct at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 16:20:57 CDT 2012

The simplest idea I can think of is to call Debbi Blodgett at Fish Lake
Resort and ask her about leaving your vehicle there. You might be able to
work something out with her. She and husband Jim are very hiker friendly in
my experience. 541-949-8500.

The next best thing I would try is to contact an Ashland trail angel to see
about leaving your vehicle there. I don't have the number for the hostel,
but it shouldn't be hard to find. I left my truck at a motel in Ashland for
a couple of weeks a few years ago. All they wanted was for me to stay there
the night before I left and again the night when I returned. You can take
 the local bus to Medford and the shuttle bus from Medford to Klamath will
drop you off at Fish Lake Resort if you ask nicely. There is a nice
four-mile connector trail to the PCT from Fish Lake.

Another idea is to park at the Klamath Amtrak station, but that's probably
the least secure place.

Palomino