[pct-l] cal state park users get used

Greg Hummel bighummel at aol.com
Wed Jul 25 12:25:56 CDT 2012

Paul Hacker and my (PCT '77ers) feel good mantra these days is;

"What are you afraid of? NOTHING! What are you scared of? EVERYTHING!"

Over the course of a thru-hike or significant section hike, you are pushed mentally, physically and emotionally to extremes that you never knew you had in you. Under normal societal situations, no one and nothing can push you anywhere close to what you already know about your limits!

So be afraid of nothing and scared of everything!

From: Kel Moy <kelmoy at gmail.com>

Has anyone else thought of this
Maybe some homicidal maniac or bandits will try to get me while I am on the
trail
Hasnt anyone else consider this as a distinct and it's leaving them so
scared

I think I am really scared right now
Can someone please try to help me feel better so that I can finally at night

Thanks

Greg Hummel

"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."- Carl Sagan