[pct-l] Opposite Day

Austin Greavette austin.greavette at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 11:33:28 CDT 2012

Ken,

Plain and simple….. You’re a troll. I’ve read and unfortunately will have
to continue reading you type as though everyone on this email group hangs
off your every word. Maybe that is case, I don’t know, but if in fact you
have some maturity, now would be that time when you take a step back… take
a deep breath and ask yourself if you’re just typing to read your own
words? Not allowed an opinion in the real world or are you this much of a
nuisance in person too? I ask this because with each email you slowly
extend the reality of what has been discussed to perhaps better your
position? Again,  I don’t know.

When I read all the emails regarding the “Bad Hikers” I was for the most
part cool with the majority of people’s opinions…. But then there you came
sunshine. (don’t want to hurt your feelings so I’ll be gentle) You come
across so “as a matter of fact” in your emails and take every opportunity
you get to belittle or challenge others. Granted you have some knowledge
and when you stick to that knowledge your emails are actually quite
enjoyable. However when you’re having a bad day? Feeling a little down on
yourself? Low self-esteem? You seem to enjoy picking on people with your
unwavering opinions. Oh and while you may have been part of this group for
a while – manners still suggest that you speak for yourself and not the
community like it belongs to you.

Frat Boy?  Are you the newest bath salts member? Really a frat boy is the
best you have? No as a matter of fact I’m quite the “opposite” sunshine….
 I’m more of a farm Dad who has absolutely zero patience for bullies and
even less patience with armchair bullies who sit behind their computer to
do it.  But you using the term frat boy makes me wonder if you were bullied
as a child? (rhetorical)

Here’s a few facts for you to choke on…

a.)    I’m not the person accused of skipping out on a bill – I’m just
essentially the guy who told you to shove your opinions up your bum.

b.)    I didn’t trash people – I trashed you.

c.)     Your example of my children and a pedophile is over the top. It is
not the same as writing in a hotel book “This place sucks - Opposites
day”.  What really concerns me is that the first thing that came to your
mind when trying to lash back at me for opposite’s day was a pedophile
joke.  On the forefront of your mind???

d.)    You may say I’m attacking people but realize that I’ll I’ve said is:

-          Opposites day should be fairly easy to understand

-          That I hate it (but it is indeed just meant as a harmless kids
game)

-          That I didn’t and don’t appreciate people jumping on a one sided
story

-          That I really enjoy these emails when they stay on topic

And since I laughed and joked in my email it makes me wonder just how
sensitive you are OR just how much you hate when someone shoves a little of
your own medicine back at you.

As for your advice to Bob - In a community your orders, your personal
opinions and your trolling carry no weight. We don’t all sit in front of
our computers hitting F5  waiting to read your next roast or overbearing
opinions. I hit F5 because I’d like to hear your backpacking / PCT
knowledge. Save the school yard crap for those who play “opposites day”

You do realize that this is in fact a Trail email list right? People don’t
come here to get roasted.

Ken – you bore me. That takes a lot.