[pct-l] cal state park users get used

Timothy Nye timpnye at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 13:52:43 CDT 2012

The really heart warming part of this story is that the department's
headquarter's employees were at the same time illegally selling back
their vacation time through a coordinated system of requests made
only by post-it notes so that there wouldn't be any evidence.  Nice going
Sacramento Bee for finding this.  Sadly, this is may be only the tip of the
ice berg.

Move along, nothing to see here.  It took 48 hours after the freedom of
information act request, made in conjunction with the vacation scam, for
the department to "discover" the 12 year old slush fund of tax payer
dollars.  But, hey, 54,000,000 isn't much.  What's all the excitment
about.  Just need to keep the correct priorities in mind; and it turns out
that doesn't happen to be providing parks and recreation to the suckers,
er, public.

Countless bake sales, fund raising drives by school children, non-profit
partnerships, increases in local taxes later and we now know where the real
people not paying their fair share are.  Sorry if I sound bitter, but I got
scammed by a door to door solicitation to keep Sugar Loaf Ridge Regional
Park, among others, open.