[pct-l] AT hiker set on fire in town

mkwart at gci.net mkwart at gci.net
Sat Jul 14 22:28:47 CDT 2012

I ran across this story--the perpetrators thought the hiker was a
homeless person, so threw gas on him and a match while he was walking in
a re-supply town late at night. Pretty sad.....Although I would never
walk around a strange town with my pack at 1 in the morning, though. I
think people are more aware of hikers on the PCT because the towns are
smaller the trail goes through. I try to educate people in Ashland how
PCT hikers look--I believe Firefly the retired Old Station trail angel
also included something on this topic when she was interviewed for a
newspaper story a few years back.

http://www.whptv.com/news/local/story/UPDATE-Hiker-set-on-fire-while-he-stops-to-get/W_oqco4kdkq85RJMtSKWvA.cspx#.UAC7pWBrR0A.facebook

--Fireweed