[pct-l] Chinook Pass to Snoqualmie Pass: How ugly is it?

Craig Giffen cg at lunky.com
Thu Jul 12 12:34:20 CDT 2012

From my view, north of Crystal Mountain to Snoqualimie Pass is still the worst part of the entire PCT.  I haven't been up there for a few years but the parts that are not trees are thick brush 15 feet high.

I took this photo on the PCT about 15 years ago, this is just one of many.  That whole area is just depressing.
http://12xu.com/pct/logging/sp05.jpg

If you can swing the rides I would suggest maybe hiking from White Pass to Crystal Mountain.  Granted, it is shorter, but that whole section of trail is really nice.

Craig