[pct-l] Pioneer Mail north... advice wanted.

Halfmile list at lon.net
Tue Jan 31 14:20:37 CST 2012

Dicentra,
>From Pioneer Mail [mile 52.6]  you could hike 9.8 miles N to the Mason
Valley Truck Trail [Mile 62.4]. From there hike 1.4 miles S on the
California Riding and Hiking Trail to Pedro Fages [which is on the
Sunrise Hwy].

I have never driven Chariot Canyon Road [mile 63.7] and only seen 4WD
vehicles on it so I don't know if that would be an option or not.

The Rodriguez Spur Truck Trail [mile 68.4] might be an exit option,
but it's difficult to find the road [in a vehicle] and you would need
a high clearance vehicle. I drove it a few times last year in a Toyota
Rav 4 but have not yet driven it this year.

-Halfmile