[pct-l] June start

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Mon Jan 23 20:10:35 CST 2012

Have you ever hiked in 90 to 100 degree heat, where even with an
umbrella you can feel the waves of heat radiating from the ground, where
the breeze dries the sweat before you feel it, where your body slowly
heats up until you start feeling a little panicky?  You look around for
shade and there are only mesquite and saguaro or cholla?  You know you
need to cool down but don't know how y ou're going to do it.  Your heart
beats faster but it doesn't help.  The panic grows and you can feel your
rationality slip away.

It's as bad as being seriously hypothermic

Jeff...