[pct-l] June start

Jeff Eckert jape1 at cox.net
Mon Jan 23 19:59:04 CST 2012

I live in San Diego east county.  It'd be too hot for me.  When you study the average temps, don't google "San Diego", instead google "Campo".  Coastal San Diego is blessed with late spring overcast, the June Gloom.  The backcountry is not.  If the archives will allow, you might search for a post by Bob Reiss from about five years ago.  He planned carefully, started in Campo, took tons of water, and came real close to being a casualty.  He was kind enough to share it with the list.

eckert