[pct-l] Survey: Your Thru-hike Sleeping Bag / Quilt of Choice?

John Abela abela at johnabela.com
Sun Jan 22 02:29:49 CST 2012

Hello All,

About this time last year, just in time for those buying gear for the
season, I posted a generalized survey asking for feedback from folks
on what their sleeping bag or sleeping quilt of choice was. I got well
over 200 responses to that which was awesome.

Over the last few weeks I have gotten at least a half-dozen emails
from 2012 hikers asking if I had any further updates and my thoughts
on some of the new bags/quilts that are out this year.

So I decided it was time to once again post a survey question on what
the favorite long distance and/or thru-hiking sleeping bag/quilt is
for everybody!

I have a list that I have put together and I will update it once I
start getting some feedback from this years survey if there are any
new bags/quilts that are not on the list and get a few different
people saying that they are using it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As-hvbUBJ_X_dHFnRXhhcGEtLU9XU0ZWellDUlpBUnc

I love to hear what everybody has to say about their gear so I totally
welcome emails both on the list and private emails.

I have added two bags into the list even though I have never had
anybody tell me they have used them. First is the brand new sleeping
bag (hoodless) from zpacks, which is so new no thru-hikers have had a
chance to use it yet. Second is the Nuntak Raku which seems to fit a
nice little niche for some hikers, but I have never actually heard of
it being used on a long distance and/or thru-hike.

Thanks all,
John B. Abela
HikeLighter.Com
RedwoodOutdoors.Com