[pct-l] stoveless menu tips?

Melanie Clarke melaniekclarke at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 21:42:46 CST 2012

For stoveless food items:

I will put a mountain house (or other brand) dehydrated dinner in a
ziplock.  Around 4pm, I will fill the dinner with water and put it in
another extra ziplock (that I reuse for the next meal) and place it near
the top of my pack to be warmed by the sun.  By 5:30 or so, it will be
fully re-constituted and delicious!  For breakfast, I blend cereal, oatmeal
etc. so it condenses and doesn't take a lot of room in the pack and soy
powder (or powdered milk)  I add water to that when I wake up in the
morning and it's ready after my tent is packed and ready to go.  Lunch, I
just eat dried fruit, nuts, soynuts and other eat as you go stuff.

You can really do without the stove.

Toga