[pct-l] CDTA Shutting Down

Jim Banks jbanks4 at socal.rr.com
Fri Jan 13 15:31:09 CST 2012

I just received an email from the Board of Directors of the Continental
Divide Trail Alliance saying they are shutting down operations because of a
lack of funding.  The CDTA is the equivalent of the PCTA for the Continental
Divide Trail.  This is a really sad development.

We need to make sure that this never happens to the PCTA.  So when you get
those request for annual membership fees, dig a little deeper.  Forgo the
espressos and lattes for a few weeks and keep the PCTA going.  Other than
being a member of the PCTA and a trail crew volunteer, I have no official
affiliation, so don't interpret this as a communication from the PCTA.

I-Beam