[pct-l] Wind farms crossing PCT at Cameron Canyon and Kelso Valley near Tehachapi, CA.

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Fri Jan 13 08:18:11 CST 2012

I always struggle when these political issues come up on this list.  I don't
want to use this list for political debate (even though I enjoy that sort of thing)
but I have to politely disagree with the catastrophic warming
scenario described below.  That CO2 chart provides a misleading historical
picture. Go back farther in history and CO2 levels were much higher
than today and the world was full of life. There is also evidence that
CO2 concentrations are trailing indicators of temperature change and
not leading indicators. We also have the inconvenient truth that there
is little evidence of global warming over the last decade contrary to all
the catastrophic warming models and alarmist rhetoric:

<http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2011/06/18/giss-shows-no-warming-over-the-last-decade/>

The issue of development of any kind around the trail is something to be
concerned about and worthy of debate but arguments based on global warming
need to be approached a bit more skeptically, IMHO.

Radar