[pct-l] Admin Note: Cabin fever, dogs, alcohol stoves, guns and Reinhold

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sat Feb 25 14:10:23 CST 2012

Brick, it is not  "CABIN  FEVER"....it is "BARN FEVER"!!!!

Barn Fever breaks out every year, about this time of the year, when the
"HERD"  is getting nervous and anxious to break out of the barn and
stampede down the trail toward  "HIKER HEAVEN".

Hey,....I may be controversial, but only with the guys, never with the
girls.
The girls have no problem with me...they seem to like me and are always
chasing me on the trail.
As a matter of fact, that is how got to be a  "SPEED  HIKER"  trying to
prevent from being captured by "On The Trail To Long Hiker Babes"
So far I have managed to outrun them.
But, as I'm getting older, I'm afraid that sooner or later they will
catch me and have their way with me.

And yes,....I have my opponents and proponents, but did you ever notice
that my opponents are usually the guys and the girls are always my
proponents?
That seems to aggravate the guys and makes them mad at me.

But hey,....it's not my fault that I'm good looking and the girls like
me.....is it?

BTW.....What's dirty about...."Chickens on a leash"...."Ten good uses
for dead hiker husbands"...."Ten reason why men are happier campers than
women"...."The adventures of Peaches and Grumpy"  and the "Switchback
after action reports"?

IT'S  CLEAN  TRAIL  HUMOR.....that is what it is.

Like I said the guys, not the girls, are my opponents.....you are a
guy,  "AREN'T"  you Brick?....Just wondering, that's all.
He,he,he,he.....I just had to sneak that one in.

JMT Reinhold
Brick wrote:
It seems cabin fever has kicked in again.....
Please remember that all posts to the list need to be polite, and on topic.

I know that dogs, alcohol stoves, guns and Reinhold are all
controversial topics, all with their opponents and

HOWEVER, browbeating folks is simply not polite. The choices each hiker
makes are his own, whether to hike in shoes, boots, or barefoot, with or
without a dog, to tote a 20mm Vulcan mini-gun, whether to follow the
rules and risk the potential consequences. ..... or even to exchange
dirty jokes on the trail with Reinhold and Switchback (horrors!)