[pct-l] peeps in San Diego area, I need some help plz

patti kulesz peprmintpati88 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 22 16:58:29 CST 2012

this is NOT hiking related, sorry I thought i posted it earlier but I'm not seeing it on the archives so if this is a repeat post I apologize.

hey anyone in the San Diego area that can help me out that would be awesome! This is not something I usually do lightly as I am very proud and self efficient and don't usually ask for help. But I have learned not to be so proud as of late and definitely ask for help in desperation.

I have been unemployed for a long time now, although I spend most of every single day of my life looking for work and I have two supposedly reputable degrees. I've been living in my van since last KO, which is not always bad, but I'm ready for some stability. I had a very PT job this past summer just outside of Yosemite, was enough to buy food and gas for awhile. The pass closed and I went to Mammoth, but b/c they just got snow this past week, there has been no work up there and it was too cold to stay there in the van so I came south.

Anyways, I'm not looking for handouts by any means, but if you have a spare room for me and my fuzzies, I can work for you in return until I can find some work and pay you rent or just get a place if it isn't permanent or doesn't work out. I do have a little bit of money coming in, but not enough for full on rent payments. I can paint, clean, repair, almost anything, within reason of course. I am very handy, educated and creative, just ask I can probly do it! Although it is appreciated, I prefer not to just take up couch space as I have done this already with some other hikers and some family and it wears on both of us after awhile.

I am very clean, quiet and respectful. Most of the angels along the trail know how me well as do some of the other famed hikers, so they can vouch for my lifestyle. My fuzzies are very well behaved and quiet as well, neither ever bark! I don't know why but they don't. Well actually one is a cat that thinks she's a dog, so maybe that's why. They are currently at someone's ranch, while I get settled somewhere, it wasn't fair leaving them in the bus all day while I worked, looked for work on the internet, showered, etc. I miss them ALOT!

I've been in the La Jolla area mostly and the one little gig I have on Fridays is in Rancho Bernardo, so I would like to stay semi close to those areas, as I have made friends in La Jolla and the money in the other and well u know gas is totally ridiculous lately.

Or if you don't have extra space, I can sleep in my bus. As long as I have a flat, safe space to park, use ur internet, electric to charge my phone and computer and maybe the bathroom. I have a membership at a gym so I can shower there too, no worries.

thanx!

Sugar Moma