[pct-l] Ursack

Jason M. jmmoores1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 18:12:29 CST 2012

whether or not someone carries an ursack is up to them...but after speaking
to several Sierra rangers, it is my understanding that while the case is
under review, you wont be fined for using the sack...but that is hearsay
and it looks like they finished their hearing, though only of the older
(green) model and not the white one that I own...

I consider the Ursack a safe alternative and see the only problem with
using it... your perception of a regulation that has been in dispute since
before I started hiking in the Sierra in '06. I have used a can for three
seasons but chose to roll with my sack last year due to the snow conditions.

Jackass