[pct-l] Best on the Crest semi-annual update and cleanup

David Plotnikoff david at emeraldlake.com
Wed Feb 22 13:47:16 CST 2012

Hello from a longtime list lurker.

I've just completed the cursory twice-a-year edit of Best on the
Crest, the Web guide to food and lodging in trail towns. You can find
it at http://www.emeraldlake.com/pctguide/ as always.

Not much good news in there. The tweaks reflect the uncertainty of
the situation at Warner Springs, the closure of a key motel in
Idyllwild, the Heitmans' retirement and just a bunch of bad links.

So I need your help. Since my daughter's climbing career has taken
off, I've been essentially off the trail for anything longer than 100
miles. I need you to let me know if there are important additions (or
deletions) to the motel and restaurant lineup. In particular, if a
restaurant or motel provided absolutely great service, great food,
etc .... or absolutely hostile service. It takes a consensus to
filter the good from the not-so-good. Thanks. You can e-mail those
notes to feedback- at- emeraldlake.com.

Best wishes to the Class of 2012.

David Plotnikoff