[pct-l] re illegal campfires...etc.

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 19 16:39:01 CST 2012

Hi Firefly,
I read your rant, and I share your concerns about alcohol stoves. Too risky. With the emphases on UL more and more hikers will be using them - just to save perhaps three ounces net, including wasted alcohol. If you are going to cook on the PCT, a canister stove is a far better choice. You can see the flame and also control it. You can shut it off.
Please give my regards to FireWalker. I have a good picture of you riding off on Primo. I have included it in my PCT slide show. When I figure out how to do one of those "links", I will send it to you.
MendoRider-Hiker