[pct-l] HYOH- campfires

vet@schroll vet at schroll.at
Tue Feb 14 03:23:08 CST 2012

Where is the a BushBuddy to place into all these "no fire" considerations?
I plan to take my BBU as a supplement for my alcohol stove - or the alcohol
stove as back up for the BBU, whatever. I like the small camp fire ambiance,
the smoke with the BushBuddy and still it is a confined and "leave no trace"
fire.

AFAIK a BBU is yet an "open fire" in some places, in others it is accepted
as a "stove" like canister or alcohol.
Actually I think the BBU is more secure than a falling catstove with burning
alcohol spilling all over ...

What are the regulations specifically for a BushBuddy along the PCT,
expecially in SoCal?

sabine

... 75 days to go ...