[pct-l] REPELLING MOSQUITOES AND TICKS

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 00:05:36 CST 2012

I used an ExOfficio button up shirt in 2010 with the bug off in it and it
worked well.  The shirt has been used a lot since then, and I will be
starting the CDT with it soon.  But after all the use, I'll probably give
it a dip in the permethrin.  Even if the bug stuff didn't work, it's a hell
of a shirt to have lasted so long.

They are really expensive however, so if you're interested in hiking with
one and happen to be passing through Seattle, stop in on first street
downtown at the ExOfficio seconds outlet.  It's two floors of their stuff
at really good prices.  If you've got any connection to a non profit or are
an official anybody, ask if they will give you a discount, above and beyond
the store's regularly lower prices.  I bumped into a couple of state
troupers who were shopping upstairs and we talked shop for a bit and when I
told them I was retired law enforcement, they told me to just show my
retirement badge at the counter and sure enough, the bill was knocked down
50% further.  I ended up buying clothes for everybody I knew.  $700 worth
for $350.  But they give that discount to all kinds of philanthropic
organizations in the area as well as rangers and just about anyone who can
tell a good story is what I was told.  I don't know if they are still doing
this, but two years ago they were and they stuff I bought has held up
really well.

Shroomer