[pct-l] HYOH

Webmail dcooper dcooper at bigsky.net
Sat Feb 11 10:00:24 CST 2012

Said very well and not often enough. I met Yvon Chiounard back in the mid
seventies at Timberline Lodge. He told one thing that has always stuck in
my brain (paraphrased) "the true adventure begins when you reduce the man
made barriers between you and nature and solve the problems...".  He went
on tell me that he could make all sorts of cool climbing gear and I could
buy it but the real "adventure" begins when you have to do without it. That
was nearly 40 yrs ago, but when Rob and I lost a pack in a river during the
Alaska section of the Continental Divide we found out what it really
meant...lol
HYOH...because in the end it is YOH!
BUT, as we zip around in our light weight gas sipping turbo charged rigs,
please let us not forget the teams of hot rods and engineers that got us
there.