[pct-l] SOCKS

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Fri Feb 10 19:25:36 CST 2012

The best socks are thin wool with fun colors and patterns. Two at a
time makes them thick. One at a time makes them thin. Other socks may
be better but on the PCT the thicker ones end up impregnated with
dirt so deep it never comes out. Half the time you end up trying to
wash them in the shower, not in a washer. I've never hiked anywhere
so dusty as the PCT.